Hummus. One of best known starters of the Middle East world.
Simple ingredients mix in an aromatic cream with a delicate and particular taste.
Excellent to accompany bread or vegetables.
250 g top-quality dried chickpeas (I used Cicerale ones)
1-2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of tahina
100 g sesame seeds
20 g sesame oil (or sunflower oil)
– Leave cheackpeas to soak in cold water for a whole night.
– First prepare tahina toasting sesame for about 5 minutes in a nonstick pan. Be careful not to burn it and from time to time stir with a spoon.
– Blend with a little oil to get a cream.
– Bring water to boil (lightly salted) in a saucepan and stew chickpeas.
– Cook for about 2 hours. When they are ready, drain them.
– Blend them with a mixer adding 1-2 tablespoon of tahina, lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt.
– Serve and finish with a little paprika.