Firs course by autumn flavours.
Delicate and tasty pumpkin gnocchi.
Seasoning? Lightly sautéed broccoli and white sauce.
1 garlic clove
500g pumpkin “mantovana”
250ml fresh whole milk
– Boil abundant water with a little salt and cook the broccoli (cleaned and washed) for 5 minutes.
– Drain them and brown them in a pan with a little oil evo and a garlic clove.
– Prepare the white sauce melting butter in a small pot over low heat, add the sifted flour and gradually pour in the hot milk.
– Go on stirring until thick.
– Season with a pinch of salt and some nutmeg.
I had some ready prepared gnocchi but if you want to make them, here is the recipe:
– Clean the pumpkin, cut it into slices and put it in the oven on baking paper at 180c for half an hour.
– Meanwhile, boil the potatoes.
– As soon as the pumpkin is soft, let it cool down to tepid and pass it through a food mill with the boiled potatoes.
– Add flour, egg, salt, pepper and knead the dough.
– Form small gnocchi and cook them in abundant salty water.
– Drain them directly into the pan with the broccoli, add the white sauce and mix it all together.
– Serve finishing with a grating of pepper to taste.