Autumn colours for a greedy Thanksgiving or a Sunday family.
American potatoes of different colours, pumpkin and blueberry sauce to enrich my Thanksgiving turkey.
Stuff the turkey as you prefer, I recommend a seasoning with chestnuts, prunes and herbs and if you
If you like spices, do not forget to use them: pepper and cloves will be perfect!
2 kg of american sweet potatoes of various colours
500g mantovana pumpkin
1 whole turkey AIA
1 bay leaf
Half a glass of honey
1 slice of bacon
500g black blueberries
1 glass of orange juice
4 full tablespoons of sugar
Extra Virgin olive oil
– Once the turkey is stuffed, place it in a saucepan covered with baking paper.
– Roll it with a slice of bacon lengthwise, a branch of rosemary and a bay leaf.
– Put honey and oil in a bowl. Mix with a whisk.
– Lacquer the surface of the turkey with a brush.
– Bake at 200c in a preheated oven, calculating one hour for each kg of weight of the turkey.
– Wash, peel and cut into thick pieces all the sweet coloured potatoes and the pumpkin.
– Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper underneath.
– Season with rosemary branches, oil, salt and pepper and bake at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes.
– Prepare the blueberry sauce. Put blueberries in a small pot and add the sugar and the orange juice.
– Stir over high heat until the sauce is reduced.
– Take the turkey out of the oven when it is cooked and serve it with the american potatoes and the
sauce, apart into a small glass.
– Thanksgiving turkey ready to be enjoyed!