Ginger and turmeric carrot soup.
A cuddle that never disappoints.
Light but tasty.
5-6 big carrots
1 ginger root
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
Vegetable broth or water
Extra virgin olive oil
– Wash and clean carrots and potato carefully and cut everything into small pieces.
– Slice the onion and sauté it in a pan with a little oil.
– As soon as the onion is golden brown, add the vegetables and season them a little, mixing well for about 5 minutes.
– Adjust salt and pepper, then cover carrots and potato with vegetable broth or hot water.
– Raise the heat and bring to boil.
– As soon as the broth boils, lower the heat and continue cooking over a low heat for another 15 minutes. The vegetables will need to be softened.
– Add the turmeric and blend it all with an immersion mixer.
– Blend also the peeled ginger root in the quantity you prefer.
– Add it and mix.
– A drizzle of oil, a pinch of salt if necessary, grated black pepper and the ginger and turmeric carrot soup is ready to be served.