Whole emmer wheat fusilli, buffalo mozzarella from Campania, pepper cream and a lot of basil.
You can eat it hot and lightly seasoned, lukewarm or cold for a summer pasta.
200g whole emmer wheat fusilli
50g buffalo mozzarella
4 red peppers
Extra virgin olive oil
– Preheat oven at 200c.
– Wash and dry peppers carefully and place them whole over a baking paper sheet.
– Bake them in oven for about 50 minutes.
– When the are roasted, take the peel and seeds off and cut them into thin slices or thick pieces.
– You can blend them cold with a little oil and a little basil or season them firts in a pan with browned onion. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
– Bring water for pasta to boil, salt it and drop whole fusilli.
– Drain them and mix with pepper cream and a few leaves of basil.
– Cut mozzarella into small cubes, add it and serve with a little oil.