I anticipated it in the Instagram stories and finally here it is.
Ginger and lemon soft cake. Very soft, fabulous for breakfast and with two ingredients that I love.
No excuses, you have to try it.
300g of flour 00
200g of sugar
4 big eggs
130g of seed oil
120ml of infused ginger and lemon
1 small ginger
1/2 package of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
Peel of two whole lemons
1 small grated ginger
500ml of rice milk
60g of cornstarch
60g of sugar or light brown sugar
– Start with the cream by heating the milk into a saucepan.
– Break the egg into a bowl and and beat it with sugar to make a frothy mixture.
– Sift cornstarch and add it, pour the hot milk, stirring.
– Put it back over heat to thicken, stirring constantly and adding the zest of the two lemons and the grated (small) ginger. Let it cool down.
– For the cake dough: whisk the whole eggs into a bowl with sugar and salt and add the oil gradually.
– Prepare the infusion of ginger and lemon, concentrate of two sachets in water with the ginger in pieces.
– Sift flour and baking powder. Add them with the infusion also, removing ginger.
– Flour and butter a 24cm mold and pour the mixture.
– Add the cream filling to the surface and cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180c, until golden brown.
– Let the cake cool down and serve.