These in the picture are the busiate I ate a few days ago at the restaurant “Ghibli” in San Vito Lo Capo,
The recipe is my way to make it.
500g of busiate
200g of unsalted toasted pistachios
35g of parmigiano reggiano
Half a clove of garlic
100ml of extra virgin olive oil
Water as needed
3 leaves of basil
300g of shrimps
Extra virgin olive oil
– Start with the pistachio pesto. Put a pot full of water over the heat and drop the shelled pistachios as soon as it boils, then cook about five minutes to remove the peel easily.
– Transfer the pistachios into a mixer with olive oil, Parmigiano Reggiano, basil leaves, half a clove of garlic and a little grated lemon peel.
– Operate and after a while add a little water. Season with salt and pepper and continue mixing until you
get a cream, not too homogeneous.
– Shell the shrimps removing the head and the black string. Rinse them under water.
– Heat a little oil in a pan and add the shrimps, then salt them and sauté for a few minutes.
– Bring water for pasta to boil, drop busiate and drain them al dente directly into the pan with shrimps,
then, helping with a little cooking water, amalgamate also the pistachio pesto.
– Serve with a grating of black pepper.