Chicken stew, mushrooms and polenta.
After all it’s almost Christmas and December for me recalls these scents and flavours.
The slow cooking of the stew while you take a moment for you to relax.
Only the lit fireplace and the snow falling out of the window are missing.
700g of Bio Chicken thigh morsels AIA
250g of porcini or champignon mushrooms
350g of tomato sauce
½ glass of red wine
1 celery stalk
1 package of instant Polenta (250g)
Extra virgin olive oil
– Clean the mushrooms carefully and cut them into thin slices.
– Chop celery, carrot and onion finely and brown them with oil into a large saucepan with high edges.
– Add the meat and brown it properly on all sides.
– Raise the heat and simmer with the red wine. Let it evaporate.
– Add the mushrooms and tomatoe sauce.
– Adjust salt and pepper/chili pepper and cover it.
– Cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
– If dries out too much, you can add a little water or broth.
– Bring a litre and a half of salted water to boil and pour the polenta gradually stirring with a whisk, then go on stirring with a wooden spoon until cooked.
– Serve the chicken stew with polenta.