Cavatelli handmade with zucchini, zucchini flowers, basil leaves, mozzarella fior di latte and asparagus (I had frozen them in season when fresh, already washed and already cut into small pieces)
My favorite products. My lunch break in the south. At home.
200g of fresh cavatelli
5 zucchini (also depends on the size of those you have)
1 bunch of asparagus
Extra virgin olive oil
1 mozzarella fior di latte
8/10 pumpkin flowers
– Wash and cut the zucchini into small cubes or slices, as you prefer.
– Finely chop the onion and sauté in a pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
– Then add the courgettes, the asparagus and cook. Then season with salt and pepper.
– Towards the end of cooking, add the pumpkin flowers, washed and gently cleaned.
– With the heat off, add plenty of basil.
– In the meantime bring the water to a boil in a pot and lower the pasta.
– Drain the cavatelli directly into the pan with the zucchini, asparagus and courgette flowers and mix with a little cooking water if necessary.
– Cut the mozzarella fior di latte into pieces and incorporate it.
– Stir and serve.