Whole durum wheat couscous, Tropea onion, yellow tomatoes, pumpkin flowers and peas.
The flavors of my land.
You cannot understand the sweetness of the yellow tomatoes here, spectacular.
I peas had frozen them from fresh, you may want to replace them with another vegetable or just omit them.
200g of whole durum wheat Bia Cous Cous
200ml of water
1 Tropea onion
250g / 300 of yellow cherry tomatoes
70g of peas
8/10 pumpkin flowers
Extra virgin olive oil
– Wash and cut the yellow tomatoes in half.
– Cut the Tropea onion and sauté in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil.
– Add the tomatoes and cook.
– When half cooked, add the peas.
– Gently clean the zucchini flowers and add them to the end of cooking together with the basil.
– Steam the whole durum wheat couscous by pouring it into a bowl with hot water. Cover with a lid and leave for a few minutes (as per the timing indicated on the package).
– When it is ready, dress it with the sauce of yellow tomatoes, pumpkin flowers and peas and serve adding a few fresh basil leaves.