The super soft Focaccia with mozzarella and artichokes recipe prepared for Easter but perfect also for a picnic or lunch on the terrace with friends (yes, when it stops raining L)
It could seem Tortano or Casatiello, but it’s not.
100g of strong flour
300g of flour 00
100g of multigrain flour
2 eggs for the dough
1 yeast cube
100g of butter
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Milk as much as needed
1 teaspoon of sugar
Salt as much as needed
A piece of cow’s milk mozzarella
– Clean the artichokes by removing the harder outer leaves.
– Cut them into thin slices, then brown them in a pan with a little olive oil and the chopped onion.
– Mix the flours into a bowl with yeast (dissolved in about a glass of warm milk) and a teaspoon of sugar.
– Add the two eggs, the melted butter and the oil. Mix.
– Cut mozzarella into cubes and add it.
– Add also the sliced artichokes with their sauce.
– Knead well, helping yourself with a little milk.
– You will have to get a compact dough to “slam” several times on the pastry board.
– Leave the dough into a clean bowl, covered with a wet kitchen towel for the first leavening of an hour.
– After this time, form 3 tubes and twist them like a braid with your hands.
– Grease a mold or pan with the hole in the middle and lay the focaccia down on it.
– Insert the whole eggs in the grooves (not cooked before).
– Let it rest for the second rising for about two hours.
– Preheat oven at 180-190c and bake for about fortyfive minutes.
– Let it cool down and serve the super soft Focaccia with artichokes and mozzarella.