Mantovana pumpkin cream soup and pan souteed radicchio.
Everyday it’s the right day for gnocchi.
300g flour 00
1kg yellow flesh potatoes
1 pinch of salt
400g Mantovana pumpkin
Vegetable broth or water
2 heads of radicchio
For the seasoning:
– Put the pumpkin into the oven at 200c for about 45 minutes.
– Take all the pulp off with a spoon and sear it in a pan with the browned onion, adding a little vegetable
broth or water.
– Adjust salt and pepper then mix with the hand blender to get the Mantovana pumpkin cream soup.
– Brown a finely cut white onion in a pan, with oil evo.
– Wash the radicchio, cut it into thin stripes and add it to the onion, stewing it over medium heat. Adjust
salt and pepper.
For the gnocchi (or, as I did, in this case you can buy ready prepared potato chicche):
– Boil potatoes. Drain them, peel them and pass them through a potato masher while still warm, then let
them cool down.
– Make a mound with the flour and dig a fountain in it, then put the mashed potatoes in the middle
together with a whole egg. Mix using hands.
– Divide the dough into sausage-shape rolls, with the help of some flour.
– Cut them with a knife and get the gnocchi of the lenght you prefer. Place them on a floured surface while cutting them.
– Bring abundant water to boil in a large saucepan, salt it and cook the gnocchi.
– Drain the gnocchi as soon as they come up to surface and mix them carefully with the pumpkin cream
soup and radicchio.
– Serve with a grating of black pepper.