Since I got home I have almost only been cooking.
So many of you have made my water muffins, how wonderful.
Here I leave you my shortcrust hearts with vanilla and cocoa 🙂
500g of flour 00
250g of butter
250g of sugar
2 fresh eggs
15-20g of bitter cocoa powder
– Mix the flour, the chopped butter and the granulated sugar into a bowl or a planetary mixer.
– Lastly add the eggs and finish kneading.
– Divide the dough into two, finish working one part by incorporating a few drops of vanilla extract and add the cocoa to the other, finish kneading.
– Do not work the pastry very much; as soon as the ingredients are mixed, it is ready.
– Form two portions and leave them to rest in the fridge covered with plastic wrap.
– Preheat oven at 180c.
– Take them out of the fridge and roll them out by hand or with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface.
– Take big heart molds and use them for the vanilla pastry.
– Once all the big hearts are formed, place a smaller mold in the center (always in the shape of a heart) and remove this part of the dough; it should turn out to be a “pierced” heart.
– Use the small heart mold for the whole cocoa pastry and use them to “fill” the hole that will have been created inside the vanilla shortcrust hearts.
– Bake on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper for 10-15 minutes.
– Let the shortcrust hearts cool down before eating them.