Andrea’s vegetable macaroni.
I do not deny that he is crazy about it.
Topped with a classic veal ragout and homemade passata.
The portions of the sauce are as abundant as ever, but once you do.
500 g of ground veal
600 g of homemade tomato passata
1 stalk of celery
Extra virgin olive oil
– If you do the homemade sauce, wash and dry about a kilo of ripe tomato sauce.
– Cut them in half and remove the seeds.
– Put them in a pot with high sides, light the fire over low heat, cover with a lid and let them go until they are gone. Stir from time to time.
– Then pass the tomatoes with a vegetable mill to remove the skin.
– Put back on the heat and reduce for about half an hour.
– For the ragù: Chop celery, carrot and onion and fry them in a large saucepan with a little oil.
– Then brown the minced veal.
– Add the homemade puree or jar, if you use a thick, add a little bit of water.
– Simmer for an hour and a half, two covered.
– Bring the water to the boil for the vegetable macaroni and cook.
– Drain and season with the ragù. If you wish, you can add some Parmesan cheese.