A second dish or a very tasty appetizer.
Stuffed aubergines with stretched-curd cheese.
I cooked them in oven to stay a little lighter but obviously fried ones are even tastier.
For the stuffing I used ham and sweet provola cheese but you can vary with the kind of cheese you like best.
1 round black aubergine
100g baked ham
80g of sweet provola cheese
100g of flour
1 or 2 eggs
150g of breadcrumbs
Extra virgin olive oil
– Wash the aubergines, dry them well and cut them into slices of about 1cm each.
– Grill them in a lightly greased pan with a little extra virgin olive oil.
– Salt them lightly and place a little baked ham and a slice of provola on half of the slices.
– Close with the other half.
– Place the flour, the beaten egg with a pinch of salt and the breadcrumbs in three separate bowls.
– Pass then each stuffed aubergine in the flour first, then in the beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
– Place them on a baking tray or on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, put a little olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes at 180-200c, turning them half-cooking and until they are golden brown.
– Serve the stuffed aubergines hot and tasty.