Light and very easy vegetarian meatballs.
I used courgettes and aubergines but you can vary with the vegetables you prefer or, if you have some vegetables to get rid of in the refrigerator, it will be fine.
3 small light green courgettes
2 aubergines (not too big)
Extra virgin olive oil
– Preheat oven at 200c.
– Wash the courgettes and the aubergines and cut them into cubes. If you use the variety of long and black aubergines, leave them first in salt for half an hour to make them lose water and rinse them before using them.
– Chop the leek and brown it into a pan with a little oil. Add the vegetables and cook.
– Adjust salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
– Put everything into a bowl and add basil leaves, a little breadcrumbs, the egg and grated parmigiano reggiano.
– Make small balls using hands and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
– Bake the vegetarian meatballs for 15 minutes.