Pumpkin and topinambur. Have you ever tried to make a cream soup with these two ingredients?
Unusual respect to classic soups, very good and light.
A final addition of chestnuts and stracciatella for an extra kick.
Advice: cut the topinambur last or put it in water and lemon as soon as cut, to avoid that it blackens.
150g boiled chestnuts (cleaned)
500ml vegetable broth
– First, boil chestnuts (adding one bay leaf to the water if you like). Peel them when tepid. If you have no time, you can use vacuum packed ones.
– Peel topinambur and potatoes and cut them roughtly, trying to maintain a uniform size for cooking.
– Chop the onion and brown it in a pan with a little oil.
– Add pumpkin and topinambur.
– Dilute with the vegetable broth previously prepared, until all the vegetables are covered with it.
– Cook until vegetables get soft. Adjust salt and pepper.
– Mix with a hand blender, directly inside the saucepan.
– Serve the topinambur and pumpkin cream soup with a few boiled chestnuts on top, a tablespoon of stracciatella, little oil evo and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.