Emmer, a versatile ancient grain and mixed sautèed vegetables (you can use the ones you prefer).
A fresh and light course.
Perfect for a lunch break easy but tasty.
You can also let it cool down a little and serve it as a cold dish.
200g pearl emmer
Extra virgin olive oil
1 fresh chilli pepper
1 garlic clove
200g frozen peas
– Rinse emmer in cold water and drain it.
– Cook it in salty water for the indicated time (normally about 20 minutes).
– In the meanwhile, clean, wash and cut vegetables.
– Brown garlic and the chopped onion in a pan with a little oil and add carrots, mushrooms and peas. Cook vegetables, I always keep them crunchy, and adjust salt and pepper.
– Drain emmer directly into the pan and mix all together.
– Serve cold or hot with a little oil veo and a pinch of salt and pepper.