An alternative and super tasty way to cook radicchio from Treviso.
A thin layer of béchamel, thin slices of melting cheese and walnuts.
A quick and very good recipe.
You should try it.
6 heads of late radicchio from Treviso
Extra virgin olive oil
150/200g of cheese like fontina
For the béchamel:
500ml of whole milk
50g of butter
25g of flour
– Wash the late radicchio from Treviso and dry it well.
– Chop the onion and put it in a pan with a little oil.
– Leave the radicchio whole and brown it lightly with the onion.
– Meanwhile prepare béchamel.
– Melt the butter into a saucepan, add the sifted flour an the milk, gradually.
– Season with nutmeg to taste and a with a pinch of salt. Keep stirring until you get a thick sauce.
– Then put the radicchio on a baking sheet, spread a thin layer of béchamel and the fontina cheese, cubed or sliced. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
– Finish with the chopped walnuts and bake for 15 minutes at 190 degrees.