Last day in Bologna.
What about eating a few meatballs to stay light after Christmas? 🙂
On the other hand, I mean, it’s just impossible to say no.
Meatballs are meatballs.
600g of ground veal
2 slices of bread soaked in milk
150g grated parmigiano reggiano
Nutmeg to taste
Breadcrumbs as required
Tomato sauce (1 bottle or two cans of peeled tomatoes)
1 white onion
– Chop the white onion finely, brown it in a pan with a little oil and add the tomato sauce.
– Chop mortadella. If you prefer, you can use beef or pork instead of mortadella and veal.
– Into a bowl, mix it with ground veal, whole eggs, bread soaked in milk, grated parmigiano and a little grated nutmeg.
– I don’t use salt because meatballs are tasty enough.
– Mix everything carefully.
– If the mixture is too soft, you can add a little breadcrumbs.
– Form the meatballs using hands, more or less the size of a walnut, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
– You can fry them or cook them directly into the tomato sauce.
– Drop them into the sauce and cook them for about 30 minutes, depending on the size of meatballs.