Carrot cake is absolutely Bianca’s favourite.
She loves daddy’s pastry chefs ones, her grandmother’s one and the one I make with almonds.
Last night I invented a version I am super proud of.
No butter, no dried fruit. Moist, soft and fluffy.
It has to be perfected but in the meantime try to make it for breakfast J
300g of flour 00
200ml of water
125g seed oil
250g of carrots
220 of sugar
1 packet of baking powder
A pinch of salt
– Preheat oven at 160c.
– Peel, wash and grate carrots.
– Whip the egg yolks with electric whisks, adding water and seed oil gradually.
– Go on mixing the grated carrots, the flour sifted with baking powder and the sugar.
– Beat the whites with a pinch of salt and incorporate them stirring from bottom to top to prevent the mixture from deflating.
– Butter and flour a cake pan of 24/26cm in diameter (or you can use the chiffon cake mold, not buttered, not floured) and pour the mixture in it.
– Bake for one hour.
– Let it cool down before taking out of the oven.