Scent of family and traditional dishes.
To spend holidays and the days before with taste.
Christmas chicken lacquered with honey and mashed potatoes and carrots.
Turn on the lights of the Christmas tree and preheat the oven: here is the recipe for your family celebrations!
1 traditional Christmas whole chicken AIA
1 cup of acacia honey
Half glass of still white wine
400g of carrots
400g of poatoes
200 ml of milk
1 knob of butter
100g of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
– Lacquer the chicken with honey using a kitchen brush and place it over a baking tray.
– Adjust salt and pepper and moisten it with a little extra virgin olive oil.
– Bake in preheated oven at 190c for about two hours, wetting it from time to time while cooking with its sauce and with a glass of wine.
– Wash and peel potatoe and carrots.
– Cut them into thick pieces.
– Put them into a large saucepan full of water and boil them until they are soft.
– Drain them and mash them with the potatoe masher.
– Put them back to the saucepan with the milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
– Turn off the heat and add Parmigiano, pepper and a knob of butter. Mix and serve aside.