Lemon and hazelnut cake.
Mamma mia, how good!
Simplicity for a tasty breakfast or snack.
330g of sifted flour
Half sachet of baking powder
Half teaspoon of salt
225g of softened butter
400g of sugar
4 big eggs
254g of milk
2 tablespoons of lemon peel, finely chopped
– Preheat oven at 175c.
– Butter and dust a 24cm cake mold with breadcrumbs (I used a mold with donut hole).
– Whip the butter with an electric whisk to get a cream. Add sugar and go on beating.
– Add one egg at a time, stirring.
– Incorporate flour, salt and baking powder (previously mixed into a bowl). Continue to whisk. Alternate adding milk, too.
– Join the whole hazelnuts, the grated lemon peel and mix with a spatula for cakes.
– Pour the mixture into the mold and cook for 65/70 minutes. Do the toothpick test to check the cooking.
– Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down.
– You can finish it with a glaze. Mix 135g of granulated sugar with 80g of squeezed lemon juice and brush the cake, still hot. Let it cool completely and absorb the icing.