Ricotta and light yogurt cake.
Simple and quick to prepare, I assure you.
Perfect for a “homemade” breakfast, super soft and light.
I used buffalo ricotta but you can also use cow’s milk creamy ricotta if you can’t find it.
250g of buffalo ricotta
50g of white light yogurt
Untreated lemon peel
200g of flour
50ml of milk
1 sachet of vanilla yeast for cakes
3 whole eggs
100g of dark chocolate drops or flakes
200g of sugar
– Preheat oven at 180c.
– Sift flour and yeast.
– Heat the milk without boiling it. Let it cool down into the saucepan.
– Work buffalo ricotta, yogurt and sugar with an electric whisk (or a hand whisk). You will need to obtain a compact knead.
– Lower the whisk speed and add one egg at a time, the sifted flour and the baking powder and a little grated lemon peel.
– Incorporate the dark chocolate flakes or drops, continuing to mix.
– Add also the warm milk and mix.
– Butter and flour a cake pan of about 22cm in diameter and pour the dough in it.
– Bake the ricotta and yogurt cake for 30 minutes.
– Check the cooking with a toothpick and take it out of the oven. Let it cool down.