A stuffed focaccia very easy and quick to make.
What do you need? Everything that you need for a classic focaccia, a nonstick pan and above all no wait for long rising.
What a taste, it conquered me.
You can play with ingredients to try different kinds of stuffing and, why not, fill it with spinach, ricotta and eggs for a quick recipe to bring with you for Easter Monday. Outdoor before a barbecue or at home, it will be terrific!
250 g flour
1/2 package of yeast
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
100 ml water
50 ml milk
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 can of peeled tomatoes
120g cow’s milk mozzarella
– Take a bowl and mix dried ingredients: flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
– Add water at room temperature together with milk and oil and knead carefully using hands.
– Divide the dought into two parts, one a little bigger than the other.
– Take a rolling pin and spread them shaping two rounds as big as the pan. The thickness also depends on your taste.
– Grease the pan with a little oil and place the bigger part.
– Cover with peeled tomatoes (cut into cubes), cubed mozzarella and a pinch of salt. Cover with the other layer and pierce the surface with a fork.
– Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes more or less.
– Turn it upside down like an omelette, paying attention not to break it, and cook it for 5 minutes more.
– Serve. Hot or cold it’s really delicious, you choose!