The cuddle of the season. The cream soup: my ultimate comfort food.
Topinambur, ginger and chestnut cream soup.
You certainly may have tasted the main character, the tuber with a consistency similar to potatoes and with a delicate taste similar to artichoke.
Besides, they are also good for your health, what more could you wish for.
100g cleaned potatoes
100g boiled and cleaned chestnuts
1 leek or shallot
500ml vegetable broth
– First, boil chestnuts (adding one bay leaf to the water if you like). Peel them when tepid. If you have no time, you can use vacuum packed ones.
– Peel topinambur and potatoes and cut them roughtly, trying to maintain a uniform size for cooking.
– Clean the leek and cut it into rounds. Brown it in a pan with a little oil.
– Add potatoes and topinambur.
– Dilute with the vegetable broth previously prepared, until all the vegetables are covered with it.
– Put a small piece of ginger in infusion (as you like and cut in a different way from the other vegetables in order to recognize it later) that you will take off before blending everything.
– Cook for about 20 minutes. Adjust salt.
– Mix with the hand blender, directly inside the saucepan.
– Serve the topinambur cream soup with a few boiled chestnuts on top, a little oil evo and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.