I promised you yesterday.
Pumpkin flowers, stuffed “up to burst” :-).
Inside them mozzarella fior di latte, freshly made buffalo ricotta, salt, pepper and then in the oven with a drizzle of oil.
Shall I tell you they were super?
30 freshly picked pumpkin flowers
300g of buffalo ricotta
2 small eggs
1 mozzarella fior di latte
– In a bowl mix the ricotta with the salt, pepper and whole eggs.
– Reduce the mozzarella fior di latte in small pieces and add it together with the washed basil leaves.
– Mix everything together, taste to feel that the filling is tasty and if necessary, season with salt and pepper.
– Clean the flowers by removing the stem, the outer pins and the pistil (at your leisure, my mother does not remove it, I do).
– With a teaspoon fill each flower with the filling.
– Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
– Arrange the zucchini flowers on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, season with a little oil and bake them for 15 minutes at most. For the time I go a bit by eye.