A Sunday afternoon back from Sicily, waiting for Bianca and with the priority of preparing a lasagna for our dinner.
Not the usual one with ragu, but with the last summer vegetables.
I would have eaten the entire tray.
Ingredients for 4 people:
500g of ready sheets for lasagne
300g of cow milk mozzarella
300g of peas
5 small light green zucchini
1 big onion
For the white sauce
1 litre of whole milk
100g of butter
50g of flour
– Wash the vegetables and cut them in the following way:
Remove the seeds and white ribs from inside the peppers and cut them into thin stripes
Peel the carrots and cut them and the zucchini into rounds
– Chop the onion and brown it in a pan with a little oil.
– In the meantime preheat oven to 180c.
– Add the carrots and the zucchini first, then the shelled peas, adjust salt and cook. Turn the fire off and add abundant basil.
– Meanwhile, prepare the white sauce. Melt the butter in a small pot, incorporate the sifted flour and gradually pour in the milk. Flavour with abundant nutmeg (as you like) and a pinch of salt.
Go on stirring until thick.
– When the vegetables are cooked you can compose the vegetarian lasagna.
– Take a casserole dish or a baking tray with high edges and spread a first layer of white sauce so that the pasta won’t stick to the bottom, then lasagna sheets, pan sauteed vegetables, a sprinkle of parmigiano, mozzarella cut into small cubes, the white sauce and cover it all with a second layer of lasagna.
– Go on this way until the tray is full.
– Finally, conclude with the last sprinkle of parmigiano and cook in oven at 180c for about 15/20 minutes.
– Serve hot.