Have you ever made Brazilian Pudding with consensed milk?
Even easier than crème caramel.
Try it, it’s really very good.
395g condensed milk
1 cup of sugar
Half cup of boiling water
– Melt the sugar into a pan, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
– When it gets golden brown, turn off the heat and add the boiling water gradually, stirring until the sugar melts completely.
– Put it back over heat and let it reduce for a few minutes.
– Pour the caramel into a 18/20 cm mold.
– Put the condensed milk, the normal milk and eggs into a container. Blend everything.
– When the caramel has cooled down, fill the mold up with the mixture.
– Take a larger baking tray and put the mold with the pudding onto it.
– Pour a little hot water in it to cook in a bain-marie.
– Put in oven for an hour at 180c.
– Do the toothpick test to check the cooking as for the cakes: if it is clean, the condensed milk pudding is ready.
– Let it cool down, pass a knife along the edge, turn it upside down and place it on a serving dish.