Third chiffon in three days.
Would you say that I like it?
This cocoa cake is really soft and light: you really have to do it.
It won’t last that long at home, keep in mind that.
300g of sugar
285g of flour
50g bitter cocoa
1 packet of baking powder
120g seed oil
190g lukewarm water
– Preheat oven at 160c.
– Sift flour and baking powder and mix it with sugar, cocoa, egg yolks, oil and water.
– Whip the whites until stiff.
– Whip the previous mixture too and incorporate the egg whites, stirring from bottom upwards so that the dough won’t deflate.
– Take a chiffon cake mold, do not butter or flour it and pour the mixture in it.
– Bake the cocoa cake for 50 minutes.
– Turn the mold upside down and place it upon its feet so that the cake can take air, cool down and come off the edges.
– When the chiffon cake has completely cooled down, you will have to remove the upper part of the mold: you can help yourself with a thin and sharp knife.