A bit of creativity for a cous cous different from the usual.
A little recipe for older children, once in a while you can afford it though 😉
If you do not like it, you can also make it without bacon.
A “couscousotto” easy to prepare and enriched with wonderful flavours.
150g of Bia Chickpeas, Corn and Rice Cous Cous
1 thick slice of mantovana pumpkin
500ml vegetable broth
Extra virgin olive oil
Butter as needed
50g of Taleggio
Bacon or pancetta
– First of all wash the pumpkin slice and remove the seeds.
– Put it in oven with the peel at 200c for about 40 minutes.
– After the time, remove all the pulp with a tablespoon and blend it.
– Put a little oil in a pot and use the pumpkin as bottom.
– Add cous cous then amalgamate.
– Add the apple, cut into small cubes, and go on cooking just as for a risotto adding the vegetable broth gradually.
– If you want, cream with a little butter and parmigiano out of heat, to taste.
– In the meantime, cook the bacon or pancetta crumbs in a non-stick pan to brown it lightly.
– Finish and serve Couscousotto with some cubed Taleggio and bacon crumbles.