Sardinian Fregola, a traditional kind of pasta from Sardinia obtained by durum wheat semolina and water.
Main character of my today recipe and cooked according to risotto method with pumpkin cubes, mushrooms and a generous shave of truffle to complete.
300g of Fregola
450g of pumpkin
250g of mushrooms
– Clean the mushrooms, cut them and put them in a pan with a little oil and a garlic clove. Cook them.
– Remove the skin and the seeds from the pumpkin (if you like you can toast the seeds in a pan, they’re delicious) and cut it into small cubes.
– Brown a white onion in a saucepan with a little oil evo. When the onion is golden brown, add the pumpkin, the vegetable broth, a pinch of salt and cover it with a lid. Cook until soft.
– When the pumpkin is ready, add the fregola.
– Continue cooking by adding the vegetable broth. Add the mushrooms 5 minutes before it’s done. Adjust salt, pepper and nutmeg.
– Turn off the heat and cream with a pat of butter.
– Serve with truffle shavings.