There is no single recipe, in fact, for red pesto.
Some people mean it with dried tomatoes, others even unite tuna.
I simply pepare a traditional Genoese pesto with basil adding vine tomatoes and a little ricotta.
Finally a generous grating of Parmigiano Reggiano and the dish is served 🙂
Then you can store it for two days into a closed jar in the refrigerator and if you like, you can try to replace pine nuts with peeled almonds.
400g pugliese orecchiette
250g vine tomatoes
1 bunch of basil
25g pine nuts
1 clove of garlic
Cow’s milk ricotta
Extra virgin olive oil
– Wash the tomatoes, dry them and cut them in half. Remove the inside part.
– Rinse the basil leaves and drain them carefully.
– Put the tomatoes, basil, pine nuts and the peeled garlic clove into a mixer.
– Add Parmigiano Reggiano and a little ricotta, to your taste. Add salt and pepper.
– Start to pour the extra virgin olive oil and turn the mixer on. Get the desired creaminess.
– Cook pasta in abundant salted water and drain it al dente.
– Season with the red pesto and finish cooking with a little cooking water.
– Sprinkle a generous grating of Parmigiano Reggiano and serve.