Pastry cream, dried fruit and orange zest.
What’s better than a classic Granny’s pie for this holiday eve days? Lightly enhanced by a dried fruit mix and grated orange zest before going inside the oven.
You cannot even imagine the fragrance, you must try it 🙂
500g flour 00
2 big fresh eggs Oro Natura AIA
500ml whole milk
1 vanilla bean
50g potato flour
Dried fruit (hazelnuts, walnuts, pine nuts, raisin) 1 package for each one
– Knead flour, butter pats and granulated sugar into a bowl or planetary mixer.
– Add eggs to last and finish to knead. Do not work it much, as soon as ingredients are mixed, it will be ready.
– Let it stand inside the fridge while preparing the cream.
– Heat the milk in a small pot with vanilla bean cut vertically into halves.
– In another small pot, mix yolks with sugar and potato flour, then add boiling milk and stir over heat until thick. Let it cool down.
– Spread the pastry into the buttered and floured mould, fill it with cream and finish with abundant grated orange zest and dried fruit on top.
– Cook in oven at 160/180c for 40-50 minutes.