I had been hating linguine for thirty years and now I love them.
Today I prepared them quickly with asparagus and parmesan cream, lemon and pepper.
200g of linguine
1 big bunch of asparagus
Grated Parmesan cheese
Black pepper in grains
1 untreated lemon
Extra virgin olive oil
– Clean the asparagus by removing the final part of the stem with hands.
– Wash them and cut them into rounds, leaving the tips whole.
– Chop the onion and brown it in a pan with a little oil. Add the asparagus, season with salt and cook.
– Bring abundant water for pasta to boil, salt it and cook linguine.
– In the meantime, prepare the Parmesan cream, simply mixing the pasta cooking water into a bowl with an nice handful of grated Parmesan, a nice grating of black pepper and lemon zest. For quantities, go by eye as you prepare it.
– Drain linguine directly into the pan with asparagus and mix with parmesan cream.
– Finish with a sprinkle of black pepper and again lemon zest.