An untouched package of mascarpone to use, chestnuts and some apples. Idea. Simplicity.
The classic dessert tastes of home and autumn, for these days of November.
A soft and savory cake, perfetc for breakfast and tea break.
250g flour 00
1/2 Bourbon vanilla bean
1 package of baking powder
150g boiled chestnuts
– Boil chestnuts, let them cool down and peel them. For convenience, you can use vacuum packed ones.
– Preheat fan oven at 180c.
– Mix eggs and sugar in a bowl with a beater.
– Add mascarpone stirring constantly and the vanilla bean seeds.
– Add flour and the baking powder, previously sifted, with the beater always operative.
– Incorporate the whole boiled chestnuts too.
– Pour the mix in a buttered and floured round springform mold (26cm).
– Cut the apples into thin slices and place them over it.
– Before putting it into the oven, dust a little caster sugar over the surface.
– Cook for 35 minutes.
– Let it cool down and serve the mascarpone, apple and chestnut cake.