Family lunch, grey sky and autumn smell: this is the salted walnut pumpkin pie, an easy and quick recipe you will never get tired of!
(Try the variant with pine nuts)
Ingredients (for a mold of 24cm):
1 shortcrust sheet
700g of husked pumpkin
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of parmigiano
120g of asiago cheese or similar
1 sprig of rosemary
– Peel the potatoes and the pumpkin and cut them into small cubes.
– Steam them until soft, then let them cool down.
– Pour the vegetables in the food pocessor with eggs, parmigiano, salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
– Spin it all together until the mix gets fluid but not too liquid.
(If you do not have a food processor, you can use a hand blender)
– Unroll the shortcrust pastry sheet on a round springform mold (24cm) and cover the bottom with a thin layer of breadcrumbs.
– Put the asiago cheese, cut into thin strings, over the breadcrumbs then pour the pumpkin mix.
– Finish dressing with the shelled walnuts cut into halves and the rosemary.
– Moisten with a little oil and cook the pumpkin pie in a preheated static oven at 200c for 25 minutes.
By Giulia Gattiglia